INFORMATION & POLICIES FOR BOOKING A GROUP
When making payment for the group, you and your group agree to the Booking Policies below.
FOR ALL GROUPS:
- For all non-school groups: One complimentary ticket will be provided for every 20 paid tickets.
- Full payment and final guest count are due three weeks before visit date. If payment is not received by payment due date, your reservation may be cancelled without notice.
- If a reservation is made within three weeks of visit date, payment will be due at the time of reservation.
- All payments are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation or guest count decreases after payment is made, you will receive a credit in the form of group admission tickets toward one visit valid for up to one year from the original visit date.
- Requests for additional guests after confirmation are pending availability.
- To receive group pricing, a minimum of 10 paid guests is required. All visitors, regardless of age, must have a ticket for entry.
- Sales tax, if applicable, will apply to all group admission pricing. Lunch and dinner prices include any applicable tax.
- National Geographic Encounter is a reserved entry time with limited capacity. Your group must arrive and check-in 15 minutes before your entry time. Groups arriving late run the risk of forfeiting entrance, and may only be accommodated if space is available. Latecomers who cannot be accommodated will not receive a refund.
- Final payment must be made by one person. We cannot accept multiple credit card, cash, or check payments.
- Group tickets are issued for groups and not to be used for individual resale. Violation of this may result in denied entry.
- National Geographic Encounter reserves the right to:
- Close certain areas without notice;
- Change event date and/or time at its discretion or cancel booking due to unforeseen circumstances and will work with you to reschedule your visit for a mutually beneficial date;
- Exclude or eject any objectionable individual or group from the venue without liability or a right to a refund.
FOR STUDENT & YOUTH GROUPS:
- A minimum ratio of one adult chaperone for every 10 students is required.
- One complimentary teacher/chaperone ticket will be provided for every 10 paid student tickets. Additional adults may purchase tickets at the adult group rate.
- For NYC Dept. of Education schools only: Purchase orders must be presented prior to admission. NYC Dept. of Education purchase orders are considered a guaranteed payment for the amount listed on the purchase order. No changes or refunds are given from the purchase order. Additional visitors must be paid for separately.
- Non-NYC Dept. of Education purchase orders are not considered a form of payment. Credit card, check, or cash payment must be received by due date.
- For Title 1 schools: In order to receive a confirmation, Title 1 documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers and chaperones are responsible for students’ conduct.
- Boxed lunches are available for purchase. A school lunchroom space is available for those who purchase boxed lunches. School groups bringing their own lunches may request to use the lunchroom, pending availability. These requests may not be confirmed until at least three weeks before visit date.